Geospatial information is of critical importance in many branches of government. MapText has been providing national organizations with automated mapping solutions since 1996.
- US Census Bureau
MapText has been providing customized cartographic text placement solutions to one of its first clients, the U.S. Census Bureau. In fact, more than 20 million different census district maps have been labeled with MapText software fully automatically for the Year 2000 census. Our software has been in use at the Bureau ever since.
- National Resources of Canada
MapText software is being used for the labeling of NRCan’s topographic map series, each map of which covers an area of approximately 1,000 square kilometers. Their maps are widely used in government and industry for management of natural resources, environmental issues, highway planning, real estate planning, flood control, forest fire control, and depiction of agricultural usage. The maps provide detailed information on terrain, lakes and rivers, transportation, populated areas, and administrative regions, and serve as an invaluable resource for outdoor recreational activities. MapText’s software significantly reduces the traditionally burdensome task of labeling these maps.
- KMS – National Mapping Authority of Denmark
The National Mapping Authority of Denmark, KMS (Kort & Matrikelstyrelsen), has been using Label-EZ and Label-Edit software for automatic text placement in their topographic map production system. Label-EZ is used in conjunction with GeoMedia Pro® for the generation of high-quality topographic maps at 1:25k and 1:50k scales from the TOP10DK data. The decision to select Label-EZ with GeoMedia Pro for the production system was made after a thorough evaluation over a three month period.
- FEMA – Federal Emergency Management Agency
MapText was awarded a contract by Michael Baker, Jr., Inc. to deliver automated text placement solutions under Baker’s landmark five-year $750 million contract with the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Baker has been acting as Program Manager and manages, implements, and monitors the Multi-Hazard Flood Map Modernization (MHFMM) Program for flood hazard mitigation across the United States and its territories. In 2004 Baker contracted MapText to participate in FEMA program. Since then MapText’s easy-to-configure software solutions have been used to place names on those maps according to the highest cartographic standards. MapText also customized its flagship Label-EZ text placement software to satisfy Baker’s specific cartographic requirements. MapText has also provided customized label placement solutions under the FEMA contract.
- MapText products can easily be integrated in automated mapping processes
- Floating-seat licenses can easily satisfy the needs of large organizations
- Labeling engine is powerful, extremely fast, and handles tough workloads
- Batch processing is possible
- Reliable and deterministic output ensures the highest cartographic quality
- Label-EZ for paper mapping. Single-seat and floating-seat licenses available.
- Label-Web for GeoMedia WebMap-based applications.
- Label-Contour for labeling elevation contour maps. Label-Contour is an extension of Label-EZ.